We have two grades of Fellowship – our standard Fellow and the Honorary Fellow. Both are elected and invited by the Council of Management. Both grades will have the right to use the title Demolition Engineer and after the initials FIDE or Hon FIDE after their name. They retain full Institute voting rights.
Fellows of the Institute will:
- Have received an invitation from the Council of Management
- have been a Full Member for at least five years
- have at least 10 years professional experience demolition engineering management, promotion, consultancy or education
- have either advanced our practice through professional attainment in demolition engineering or associated expertise; or have demonstrated significant and beneficial academic achievement in our field
- have made an extraordinary contribution to the work or advancement of the Institute
- offer such requisite CPD
Honorary Fellows will have attained an advanced number of years in our industry and have contributed to ours or a relevant field within a distinguished career.
As with Full Membership, subscriptions for these categories are £225 per year.