GOT A QUESTION?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I join the IDE?
We have various grades of membership for new entrants into our Institute, for longer-term members, for students and for affiliates to our industry. You can find more about membership and how to join us here.
2. How much does it cost to join?
We have a joining fee of £275 and an annual membership subscription which starts at £275 for new entrants and reduces as you progress through the grades. Visit our membership page for more information.
3. Where do you meet, and when?
During the year there are
- Five Council of Management meetings
- Four Membership Committee meetings. Applications should be received four weeks before the meeting in order to be considered
- Four Event Committee meetings
- At least one meeting of the Board of IDE Trustees
- One AGM held annually in November
4. Do you sell merchandise?
Yes we do, to members only. We sell high quality merchandise at our Seminars. If you want something specific please email us. Refunds are available within 14 days for unopened, packaged goods (which were not gifts or tokens of appreciation) in original condition.
5. Do you have a refund policy?
We do, for different circumstances. Our events are put on at favourable rates so we cannot offer refunds except in exceptional circumstances. You can find our policy here. On joining fees, we do not refund unless the application is inappropriate. Subscription and examination fees are non-refundable.