This is the basic grade of IDE and the first step on the road to Full Membership. It’s a category for individuals (not businesses) and confers no entitlement to accreditation to or by the Institute, nor does it allow use of membership initials or our logo. The goal is to succeed in the institute’s exams and be elected to Associate grade.
- Elaborate in depth if we ask you to. The more information about you and your experience, the better.
- Ensure you have been sponsored by a full member of the IDE and that he or she has signed your form before it is returned
- Download the form or apply for one through our National Secretary.
Accepted criteria for membership:
- Minimum of three years demolition experience
- CCDO Supervisor Card (Red Trained Operative or Gold) or Demolition Managers Card (Red Trained Operative or Black) or Contracts Managers Card or IDE Foundation Degree
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate or higher (work in demolition for three or more years as a health & safety professional)
- Civil or structural engineering degree or CEng qualification (working in demolition industry as structural or temporary works engineer for three or more years)
- CITB Touch Screen test or supervisors or managers test completed within the last 2 years.
- NDTG/UKATA/ARCA/ACAD/IATP or another suitably accredited Asbestos Awareness Course
Subscription is £275, renewable annually dependant on continuing CPD.