KEN CROSS MBE KLJ CEng FIExpE, who will speak about the Institute of Explosives Engineers at the seminar says a little about himself.
I am a serving Ammunition Technical Officer in the Army and am proud to be the President of the Institute of Explosives Engineers. I left school with a fistful of O-levels to join the Army in 1976. My trade was Ammunition Technician and over the next 19 years I served in Ammunition and EOD tours in Germany, GB, Northern Ireland and the Falkland Islands. During this time I was awarded a GOC’s Commendation for Bravery, a Mention in Dispatches and gained my first degree from the OU.
I was commissioned as an Officer in 1995 and have served in a number of fantastic command and staff appointments in the fields of ammunition safety and management, EOD and Weapons Intelligence. During this part of my career to date I have gained a MSc in Explosive Ordnance Engineering and in 2002 was awarded the MBE for services in the run-up to and the first couple of months of operations in Afghanistan.
I joined the IExpE in 1993, was elected to Council as Technical Officer in 2005 and served in a number of roles until I was made President in 2010, since when I have sought to enhance the Institute’s branch structure, education and training of explosives engineers in UK and Europe, and our external relations with other organisations and Institutions.
I am married, no kids, two cats and my interests include mountainwalking, reading, membership of the Worshipful Company of Gold and Silver Wyre Drawers and also the Military and Hospitaller Order of St Lazarus of Jerusalem.
Presentations at the Seminar
- Space Deck Roof Collapse – Richard Dolman
- New Bribery and Corruption Law – RJW Solicitors – Craig McAdam
- The Implosion Business from a Different View Point – Eric Kelly AED
- Environmental Prosecutions – Prof. Stephen Willetts and Anna Willetts
- Kokurek Beasts, The HDI and TDS High Reach Machines – Brian Carroll
- Institute of Construction Management – Mark Rea and Tony Barker
- Workings of the IExpE towards Professional Status – Ken Cross