Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
IDE Christmas Closure
IDE AGM and Annual Luncheon 2017
Eight Northumberland Avenue in central London was the prestigious venue chosen to host the 2017 Institute of Demolition Engineers AGM, Luncheon and Awards Ceremony. As is now the norm,......
An Evening with George Clarke
On Monday 16th October Council of Management member Mark Jack was invited to represent the IDE at Wolverhampton University where he attended an Evening with George Clarke. The Event......