Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
Scottish Seminar 2017: Event Update
South East Regional Meeting: 4th May 2017
On Thursday 4th May the IDE hosted it’s second Southern Regional meeting of 2017. The event, sponsored by Erith Contractors, was held at their 33 Grosvenor Place site in......
A Huge Thank You to all IDE Members
On Monday 27th March IDE President, David Darsey, his wife Sarah Darsey and Maureen Tong-Ralphs, National Secretary & Events Director had the pleasure of visiting The NAS Helen Allison......