Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
An Evening with George Clarke
On Monday 16th October Council of Management member Mark Jack was invited to represent the IDE at Wolverhampton University where he attended an Evening with George Clarke. The Event......
Demolition Degree: Second Intake
Wolverhampton University have announced that they are currently taking enquiries for the second intake of this popular course For more information click here and to register your interest please......
Autumn Seminar 2017
The Royal Institute of Civil Engineers, at One Great George Street, again hosted the Autumn Seminar for the Institute of Demolition Engineers. The venue hosted a full day of......