Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
‘Oar-inspiring’ effort sees Erith and others raise over £35k for local charity
The Erith Group were delighted to support Greenwich-based charity, The Ahoy Centre, in their annual ‘50km in a day’ challenge. This past Saturday’s event saw nine nautical newcomers to......
The Information you have all been waiting for: The IDE Foundation Degree in Demolition Management
Click here to read all about this fantastic opportunity Course information...
Support Trailwalker 2018
For the second year running Dylan Lovelock MIDE has put together a team to raise money for the Gurkha Trust. Dylan who has been a member of the IDE......