Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
AGM and Annual Lunch 2018
Drapers Hall was the location for the 2018 Institute of Demolition Engineers AGM and Annual Luncheon. Yet again, the event was another sell out and marked the end of......
IDE Regional Meeting: Dublin 7th November 2018
In conjunction with the World Demolition Awards being held at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on the following evening Wednesday 07 November saw the latest IDE Regional Meeting held......
Autumn Seminar 2018
One Great George Street was again the venue for the 2018 IDE Autumn Seminar. The stunning location, home to the Institute of Civil Engineers welcomed a packed house for......