Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
Presidents Charity: Niemann-Pick UK Receive Generous Contribution
The IDE President, Gary Bishop FIDE and Erith Contractor’s Managing Director and IDE Immediate Past-President, David Darsey FIDE, met with David Roberts on 8th February 2019 to personally present......
Would you Like to Speak at an IDE Event?
AGM and Annual Lunch 2018
Drapers Hall was the location for the 2018 Institute of Demolition Engineers AGM and Annual Luncheon. Yet again, the event was another sell out and marked the end of......