Guidelines for IDE Codes of Conduct
The Institute of Demolition Engineers places a personal obligation on its members to act with integrity, in the public interest and to exercise all reasonable professional skill and care to:
- Prevent avoidable danger to health or safety.
- Prevent avoidable adverse impact on the environment.
- Maintain their competence
- Undertake only professional tasks for which they are competent.
- Disclose relevant limitations of competence.
- Accept appropriate responsibility for work carried out under their supervision.
- Treat all persons fairly, without bias, and with respect.
- Encourage others to advance their learning and competence.
- Avoid where possible real or perceived conflict of interest.
- Advise affected parties when such conflicts arise.
- Observe the proper duties of confidentiality owed to appropriate parties.
- Reject bribery.
- Assess relevant risks and liability, and if appropriate hold professional indemnity insurance.
- Notify the institution if convicted of a criminal offence or upon becoming bankrupt or disqualified as a Company Director.
- Notify the institution of any significant violation of the IDE Code of Conduct by another member.
We Need Your Voice!
North-West Regional Meeting
Over 30 guests attended the first 2019 North West IDE Regional Meeting, hosted by ECY Haulmark. Rik Yarwood opened the meeting with Adrian McLean FIDE with a visit to......
Spring Seminar 2019: Leeds
The 1st of March saw the annual trip to the Leeds Armouries for the IDE Spring Seminar. Yet another busy event with a good mix of industry professionals delivering......