Monthly Archives: July 2012
Written on July 16, 2012 at 1:13 pm, by IDE
We would like to thank Trevor Symonds MIDE for putting together an excellent regional meeting and writing the report below. Thank you also to Northern Safety Ltd for sponsoring it.
The most recent North East IDE regional meeting held on Thursday 12th July, brought together 19 IDE members along with a small number of non members. The meeting was held at the Bridge Hotel in Wetherby and as the members arrived for the meeting the sun came out and the patio area was soon filled with demolition talk.
Written on July 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm, by IDE
The consultation has now been extended to Monday 13 August 2012 (5pm).
In partnership, West Sussex County Council and the South Downs National Park Authority are preparing a Waste Local Plan which includes potential strategic waste site allocations. The draft Waste Local Plan sets out a vision for sustainable waste management which protects communities, the environment, the economy, and the special character of West Sussex until 2031.
The draft Waste Local Plan has four key areas:
- A vision and ‘strategic objectives’ for sustainable waste management in West Sussex.
- Nine ‘use-specific’ policies which will achieve the strategic objectives for the management of different types of waste (policies W1-W9).
- Thirteen ‘development management’ policies which will ensure that there would be no unacceptable harm to the environment and communities of West Sussex (policies W11-W23).
- Seven strategic waste site allocations which will help us to meet the need for new facilities:
- Site north of Wastewater Treatment Works, Ford
- Hobbs Barn, near Climping
- Fuel Depot, Bognor Road, Chichester
- Brookhurst Wood, near Warnham
- Land west of Wastewater Treatment Works, Goddards Green
- Decoy Farm, Worthing
- Extension to Brookhurst Wood Landfill, near Horsham
Written on July 16, 2012 at 9:18 am, by IDE
Members are invited to increase their subsriptions by using their personal account to pay them and making a Gift Aid Declaration. This will give 25% more income to the IDE which can be used to improve the service we offer our members. Invitations to Gift Aid are being sent out to all members who have Continue Reading »
Written on July 4, 2012 at 12:35 pm, by IDE
Here you will find a blank copy of key letters and booking forms sent out to members. Invitation to Gift Aid subscriptions – sent out 16 July 2012 Gift Aid Declaration – sent out 16 July 2012 Invitation to sit September 2012 examinations – sent out 4 July 2012 Booking form for September Continue Reading »
Written on July 4, 2012 at 9:14 am, by IDE
We would like to thank Council of Management member, Vernon Watson FIDE, for revising the Reading List for the examinations. Reading List All Entrants should make sure they are conversant with the legislation and regulations in preparation for the exams. It has been agreed that this reading list will be available to candidates during the Continue Reading »