At their recent meeting the IDE Council elected and welcomed nine new members.
to Affiliate grade:
- Mark S Anthony, Demolition News
- Lindsay S Gale, Demolition and Recycling International
- Henry Simpson, Adler and Allan
to Enrolled grade
- Kerry-Anne Henderson, Galliford Try
- Anthony Mill-Irving, J R Masterton & Sons Ltd
- Nigel Palin, Divestment Solutions Ltd
- Ronald Parkin, Hill Demolition
- David J Strzelecki, Cantillon Ltd
- Christopher P Winfield, Anglian Demolition and Asbestos Ltd
Steve Jack, Chairman of the Membership Committee, said, in welcoming the new members, “The number of good friends of the IDE who are becoming Affiliate members shows how important it is to be associated with our professional body. We hope that our new Enrolled members will present themselves for the September examinations and make their way swiftly towards Full Membership. “
Affiliate grade is granted to individuals who are not demolition engineers but closely associated with the industry and making a significant contribution towards it.
Enrolled membership is the IDE’s basic grade and only awarded for two years. During this time the member is expected to sit and pass the Institute’s examinations.