Our members say they join to:
- gain accreditation as a competent professional Demolition Engineer
- acquire knowledge through attending seminars and meetings.
- participate in an exchange and discussion of ideas and information
- enjoy a representation of common interests
- have continuing professional development noted and valued.
Categories of Membership
Membership is for individuals who are involved in some aspect of demolition engineering, and who could be expected to be able to demonstrate a depth of knowledge and experience within the demolition industry.
The Institute of Demolition Engineers is pleased to confer complimentary membership on students studying a subject relevant to demolition engineering at a recognised university or college. Evidence of participation in such a course is required when applying to join and at the beginning of each academic year.
Affiliates are employed in industries related to demolition engineering. Affiliates would not be demolition engineers as such but highly supportive of the work of the Institute.
There is no provision for companies to become members. The Institute does not give any form of corporate accreditation.